Froothie • noun • A Frozen Fruity Breakfast Smoothie
~ Happy Earth Kitchen
I am absolutely in love with Summer and particularly Summer fruits, but as the days of sun, sand and salt slowly are making place for chilly nights and crisp air, I naturally start to crave winter fruits. After not eating oranges for a good 3 months, I’m really excited to soon have them back as a staple in our kitchen. Call me crazy, but one of my favorite Winter breakfasts is 3 fresh oranges with a good amount of cinnamon sprinkled on top. What pumpkin spiced latte is for most people, is orange with cinnamon for me.
So with the excitement of oranges in mind yet not wanting to let go of Summer, I thought I dive in the kitchen and prepare myself a wonderful “froothie” (or smoothie bowl as you wish) with still a touch of Indian Summer and a pinch of Fall…
– Mango (either the mango or the banana has to be frozen)
– Orange peeled
– Cinnamon to taste
Toppings (feel free to use your own favorite toppings):
– Fresh fruits
– Crispy fruit chips (orange, mango and coconut) of the brand Natural Sins
– Blend all the ingredients (except for the toppings) preferably in a food processor or blender.
– Transfer to a bowl or plate
– Top with fresh fruits and nice and crispy toppings.
With love from the Happy Earth Kitchen