Happy New Year!
The festive season is slowly coming to an end, 2017 is just within reach. For me it’s going to be a year of change, challenge and manifesting my dreams. I just signed the lease for my food shop & restaurant space. I’m stoked and terrified at the same time. Anyway, I thought pumpkin would be appropriate for celebrating the ending of Holiday Season and the beginning of new beginnings. This chia parfait with pumpkin whip and persimmons just hit the spot.
Ingredients (2 portions)
- 3 cups rice milk
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- Vanilla extract
- Half a pumpkin
- 1 persimmon
- Maple syrup to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180 C (360 F)
- Remove the skin and seeds from the pumpkin and cut in cubes.
- Place on a tray or baking dish, sprinkle some cinnamon and maple syrup on top.
- Bake approximately 30 minutes (pumpkin should be soft. Depending on the size it can be a little more or less than 30 minutes)
- Remove the tray from the oven and let the pumpkin cool down.
- Puree the pumpkin with a fork or blender, slowly adding rice milk until you get a whip cream like consistency.
- Add maple syrup to taste.
- Puree a peeled (ripe) persimmon and place at the bottom of a glass.
- In a separate bowl whisk 2 cups of rice milk with 2 tablespoons of chia seeds.
- Gently pour on top of the persimmon layer, till just a few inches below the rim.
- Put in the fridge for at least 2 hours, giving the chia seeds time to swell.
- Top the parfait off with the pumpkin mousse and sprinkle some walnuts on top.
If you would like to help fund the Happy Earth Foodshop & Eatery, click here
With Love From the Happy Earth Kitchen