Vegan hot chocolate, smoothie style.
As someone who loves smoothies, but also as someone whose lips and fingers turn purple of eating smoothiebowls in winter, I decided to create a winter-friendly recipe that will bring you in the Holiday mood in no time. The recipe is simple, nutritious and tastes like an adult version of a Snickers bar. It’s high in magnesium, contains plant protein, good carbs and fiber. The spices stimulate your metabolism and blood flow. So yes, this recipe is not only a great after-outdoors-workout-snack, but is also a wonderful breakfast in bed option. Pick a chilly Sunday morning, put up some old crackling vinyl records and spoil your loved one with a good glass of Spiced Hot Snickers Smoothie.
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 cup warm plantmilk ( I used unsweetened organic almondmilk)
- 2 tablespoons cacao
- 1 tablespoon natural peanut butter
- 1 soaked date or 1 tablespoon maple syrup (optional)
- 1 teaspoon winter spices of choice (I used a mix of cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom and star anise)
- As much as cayenne pepper as you can handle (a natural aphrodisiac)
- Pinch of salt
- Warm up the almond milk.
- Put all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a glass
- If you have a milk frother, you can top it off with foam and more spices.
With love from the Happy Earth Kitchen…